Speech and Language Therapist
Full-Time and Part-Time
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the position of Speech and Language Therapist. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
- Carrying out assessment and treatment at clinics
- Collaborating with service users, family members, carers and other staff in the setting of treatment.
- Attend MDT’s
- Using technical equipment to analyse voice patterns and examine the factors involved in producing speech.
- Introducing and supporting new ways of working with Staff Teams to prevent future speech and language difficulties.
- Delivering training to Staff Teams, allowing them to help in the SU’s recovery.
- Referring SU to other specialists when necessary/ MDT
- Liaising with other professionals such as behaviour specialists, psychologists, doctors and ear/nose/throat (ENT) specialists.
- Keeping detailed clinical notes and drafting reports on client symptoms, treatments and progress.
- Teaching exercises to help eliminate speech problems.
- Degree in Speech and Language therapy
- Must be a registered member of CORU.
- 3 years’ experience working in residential setting
- Lámh Trainer
- Qualified to complete swallow assessments
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter, to the Recruitment Department, by email to email@example.com. A full job description for the role is available upon request.