Psychiatric Nurse - Meelin, Co. Cork
Nua Healthcare is recruiting a Psychiatric nurse to join an exciting new project in Mental Health recovery and treatment for persons with enduring / complex issues. The candidate will lead on the development of a brand new Psychiatric service on the Cork / Limerick border. The ideal candidate will possess significant experience in the area of Mental Health.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
Support people who use the service
- Promote & nurture person centred planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service
- Responsible for the overall growth and direction of the community home in accordance with the ethos, values and mission statement of the organisation
- Identify training needs with staff team and facilitate adherence at training as necessary.
- Work in a way that ensures the service is delivered in compliance with relevant legislation, Nua Healthcare’s values, policies and practices and contractual requirements.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures.
- The post of CNM2 spans the entire scope of Nua Healthcare Services. Oversee all communication necessary in unit and between any internal or external stakeholders.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to staff and Service Users.
- Responsible for ensuring the adherence of Safe Administration of Medication Practices with the home including ordering, storage, administration and documentation (including Individual Medication Management Plans, Kardex and Error Reports)
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures
- Be registered on the Psychiatric Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2001 and 2008.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in mental health
- Experience of budget management
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual who can organize and lead a team effectively
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full, Clean Driver’s License
- Excellent IT skills.
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full job description for the role is available upon request. For informal queries, you can contact Michelle on 086 7932367.
Closing date: 29th September 2017