Part time Social Care Workers– Home Care Division
Kildare and West Wicklow
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the above position. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse.
We are seeking to recruit a number of Part Time Social Care Workers to join our growing Outreach and Community team at Nua Homecare. The purpose of the roles is to support individuals with Intellectual Disabilities, Asperger’s Syndrome/Autistic Spectrum Disorder within their own homes and communities. These challenging roles require particular flexibility to appropriately support people and their families.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
- Previous experience within the area of Social Care
- Support people who use the service
- Promote and nurture person centred planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
- Working with Individuals on the ASD spectrum
- Experience of using PEC’s
- Experience working with Challenging Behaviour
- Level 7 or Level 8 in Social Care/ relevant field
- Experience of report writing
- Flexible and adaptable nature
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Applicants for this position must have a Full Clean Driver’s License
- Experience in a service for individuals with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities and/or Mental Health
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter, firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description for the role is available upon request. Please reference Home care Division.