Full-Time/Part-Time Role – Location(s) Nationwide
Nua Healthcare Services are seeking applications from experienced Child Psychiatrist to join our team.
The successful candidates will be dedicated and highly motivated to succeed, they will already possess high levels of competence and will be able to demonstrate this through their qualification, in-depth knowledge of service provision.
Nua Healthcare Services specialise in providing Residential Care, Community Outreach and Day Services to adults and children with a range of support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Taking clinical responsibility for service users in terms of their psychiatric needs
- Complete psychiatric reports & post consultation notes as required
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Complete medication treatment plans as required
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
- Contributing to multi-disciplinary meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the Centre
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the Director of Services.
- You should be a good team player and be keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans. You should be willing to take part in service evaluation and improvement.
- AOB as required by the Director of Services e.g. writing referral letters etc
- Hold an MRC Psych (or equivalent qualification) and a Higher Specialist Training, CCST / CCT (or equivalent) in Psychiatry and will have experience of working in an inpatient setting with people with significant mental health difficulties. Ideally, you will have some PICU or inpatient experience, and will be able deal effectively and constructively with conflict in challenging situations.
- Able to work autonomously to agreed short- and medium-term objectives where professional advice will be immediately obvious. You will be able to understand the impact their actions will have on the care of the Service User and the workings of the multidisciplinary team.
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter Michelle@nuahealthcare.ie