Basic Grade Clinical Psychologist, Naas, Co. Kildare
Nua Healthcare is recruiting a Clinical Psychologist to join the clinical team, the post holder will be responsible for the provision of psychological services across the business, which includes assessment, diagnosis, devising, monitoring and reviewing treatment programmes. Other duties include delivering individual psychotherapy sessions and implementing behaviour management plans. The post holder will be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and also to support and enable staff to deliver a quality service.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Provide a range of psychological services as required including assessment, review, programme implementation, behaviour management/ therapy and diagnostics
- Promote and deliver services within the Company ethos and philosophy
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team providing an integrated and coordinated service to our service users and contribute to the development of person centred plans
- Provide advice/support programmes and training for parents and families
- With the Team, maintain statistical records and input to service reports and other relevant reports as required
- Participate actively in general development of the service
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with developments in Psychology including attending training courses and participating in research and development
- Contribute towards the on-going development of the service as required
- Maintain quality standards within the service and participate in quality development
- Comply with policies and procedures as advised
- All candidates must meet the registration requirements as a clinical psychologist of the Psychological Society of Ireland
- Doctorate or equivalent qualification in Clinical Psychology
- Full Clean Driving Licence required for the post
- A good level of understanding of Mental Health, Autism Spectrum Disorders, intellectual disabilities and the co-morbid conditions associated with it
- Previous experience within the area of Challenging Behaviour
- Genuine respect and empathy for diversity and individuality
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter, firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description for the role is available upon request.