Nua Healthcare awarded Three-Year CARF Accreditation
In recent months, Nua received international accreditation for its services when we were awarded a Three-Year Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (“CARF”). Through accreditation, CARF assists service providers in improving the quality of their services, demonstrating value, and meeting internationally recognised organisational and program standards.
The Accreditation, which included a rigorous peer review and inspection all of our homes, applies to the following services;
- Behavioural Consultation Services
- Community Housing
- Community Integration
The 3 Year Accreditation is the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organisation and demonstrates our substantial conformance to the CARF Standards. Nua is the first company in Ireland to be so accredited and was found to be in conformance with over 95% of the 920 Standards inspected.
The results of this inspection are now available to read here
Some extracts from Nua’s CARF report;
- “The staff members are incredibly knowledgeable about and attentive to the needs and desires of the service users. They demonstrate great care for the service users, and when asked what they are most proud of in their jobs, they consistently pointed to the progress and achievements of the service users”.
- “Nua’s leadership operates to a high standard of performance and conduct, setting the example for all other staff members. Its executive leadership is responsive and supportive and continually honours the organisation’s core principles and values in all relationships and all business and programme activities”.
- “There is an excellent practice in place for highly individualised programming that respects and encourages choice in every aspect of the service users’ lives”.
- “The organisation’s quality assurance system is very comprehensive and involves a 360-degree follow-through on every element to ensure continuous quality improvement”.
- “Communication among the programme staff, administration, clinical services and executive leadership is seamless and smooth. This is especially valuable for a growing organisation dedicated to multi-disciplinary support, and also contributes directly to the high standard of service delivered to the service users”.
- “Nua puts tremendous emphasis on health & safety”.
- “The homes are beautiful, spacious, well decorated, and respectful of the service users and their needs….“The gardens enhance the beauty of the homes while allowing the service users access to the outdoors”.
Our overall approach to service delivery is derived from our Mission, Vision and Values, which can be viewed here
To find out more about the CARF accreditation process, please visit www.carf.org